Real Name: Russell Douglas Turcotte
Location: Devils Lake, North Dakota
Date: July 12, 2002
Details: On July 12, 2002, 19 year old Russell Turcotte vanished from Grand Forks, North Dakota after calling his mother in Montana and asking to wire him money to get a bus ride home. His nude body was found near Devils Lake, North Dakota on November 5, 2002, and his death was ruled a homicide. No suspects have ever been identified and the case remains unsolved.
Suspects: Joseph Edward Duncan III, a convicted serial killer, was investigated as a possible suspect in Russell's death.
Extra Notes: The case has appeared on the show Haunting Evidence.
- Family wants investigation of Duncan in death
- N.D. crime: 5 murders in 2002
- Duncan a possible suspect in unsolved North Dakota murder
- Ten Years Later Russell Turcotte Case Remains Unsolved
- Authorities still try to solve 12-year-old slaying
- Russell Turcotte on Find a Grave