Real Name: Richard Church
Wanted For: Murder, Attempted Murder
Missing Since: August 21, 1988
Details: Colleen Ritter began dating Richard Church, but after a few months, she realized that he was too possessive and asked if they could stay friends. However, he did not want to lose her and began stalking her. On August 21, 1988, he broke into her house and stabbed her parents, Raymond and Ruth Ann Ritter, to death. He went up the stairs and stabbed her brother, Michael. He then stabbed her, who ran out of the house screaming trying to escape him. He then fled as neighbors arrived to help her, and was last seen leaving his mother's house in his car, which was later found abandoned. Colleen and Michael survived, but she will not feel safe until Richard is caught.
Extra Notes: This case first aired on the November 7, 1990 episode. It was also featured on America’s Most Wanted.
Results: Captured. Richard was arrested in October 1991 at a fast food restaurant in Salt Lake City. He pled guilty to the murders and was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- Woodstock Tragedy Starting To Sink In
- Church at large despite search
- Victim relieved by capture of Church
- Fugitive Church Returns To Face Murder Charges In Woodstock
- Church`s Parents Tell Of Anguish
- Grisly Tale Unfolds As Church Enters Guilty Plea
- Richard Church Inmate Profile