Real Name: Raymond and Ruth Ann Ritter
Nicknames: No known nicknames
Location: Woodstock, Illinois
Date: August 21, 1988
Details: Raymond and Ruth Ann Ritter were the parents of Colleen Ritter who dated Richard Church, but she later broke off their relationship. On August 21, 1988, he broke into their house and brutally attacked her and her family, leaving them near death. Sustaining over twenty stab wounds, only Colleen and her brother, Michael, managed to survive, but Richard has yet to be brought to justice. His car was discovered abandoned in West Hollywood, California.
Suspects: Richard Church
Extra Notes: This case first aired on the November 7, 1990 episode. It was also featured on America’s Most Wanted.
Results: Captured. Richard was arrested in a fast food restaurant in Salt Lake City after three years on the run. He pled guilty to the murders and was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- Woodstock Tragedy Starting To Sink In
- $360,000 From Life Insurance Policy Depends On Who Died First
- Fugitive Church Returns To Face Murder Charges In Woodstock
- Church`s Parents Tell Of Anguish
- Grisly Tale Unfolds As Church Enters Guilty Plea
- Raymond Ritter at Find a Grave