Real Name: Ramon Reyes and Louie Jose Velarde Jr.
Aliases: Suicide, Suicidal (Reyes), Bugsy (Velarde)
Wanted For: Murder and Robbery
Missing Since: October 19, 1992
Details: On October 19, 1992, Reyes and Velarde robbed a supermarket in Van Nuys, California. During the robbery, Reyes shot and killed twenty-eight-year-old Coca-Cola delivery man Robert Ward. Getaway driver Jose Santillan later turned himself in and received a twenty-six year sentence. However, Reyes and Velarde remain at large.
Extra Notes: The case was featured as a part of the January 19, 1994 episode, along with two other robbery cases: Grocery Robbers and Oklahoma City Convenience Store Robbers. As of May 2016, Ramon Reyes is still on the LAPD Top Ten Most Wanted list.
Results: Wanted. According to the article below, Reyes was arrested in Durango, Mexico in December of 1994. However, according to Robert Ward's sister and the LAPD's Most Wanted website, Reyes is still at large. It is possible that Reyes escaped after being arrested in Mexico, which led to him being classified as a wanted fugitive again.
Investigators believe that Reyes and Velarde are both still living in Mexico.
- Soft Drink Salesman Slain in Supermarket Robbery
- 3rd Suspect in Slaying Identified
- Group Calls for Tighter Security at Stores
- Jury mulls murder, robbery charges
- Suspect in 1992 Van Nuys Slaying Is Arrested in Mexico
- Hunting fugitives who run abroad
- Fugitives may be desperate to avoid capture
- LAPD Most Wanted: Raymon Reyes
- Reyes and Velarde at AMWFans Discussion Forum
- Robert Ward (Delivery Man) at Find a Grave