Real Name: Polly Hannah Klaas
Nicknames: No known nicknames
Location: Petaluma, California
Date: October 1, 1993
Details: On October 1, 1993, twelve-year-old Polly Klaas was abducted from her Petaluma home at knifepoint from her mother's house, where she was hosting a slumber party. She was never seen again.
Extra Notes: This case first aired on the October 2, 1994 episode focusing on Jeanne Boylan, who helped solve it. It was also documented on The FBI Files and Motives & Murders: Cracking the Case.
Results: Solved. Two months after Polly's disappearance, Richard Allen Davis was arrested and charged with her murder, mainly because of the composite sketch. He led police to her remains, was tried, convicted of her murder, and sentenced to death. The case made national news when actress Winona Ryder, who grew up in Petaluma, helped bring it to the forefront while the search was ongoing. After Davis' conviction, Ryder starred in a film version of Little Women, which had been Polly's favorite book, and dedicated it to her, handing over all her profits from her work to missing child charities and the Klaas family.
- Polly Klaas on Wikipedia
- Polly's Story
- Richard Allen Davis on Wikipedia
- All-Out Search for Missing Girl : Kidnaping: A community is galvanized in its efforts to locate 12-year-old Polly Klaas.
- Actress Offers Reward to Find Kidnaped Girl
- Volunteers Search 2-County Area for Polly Klaas
- Suspect's Tip Leads to Body of Polly Klaas
- Suspect Charged in Killing of Polly Klaas
- Davis Convicted of Murdering Polly Klaas
- Polly Klaas on Find a Grave