Real Name: Gary Daniel Wilson
Aliases: No Known Aliases
Wanted For: Murder
Missing Since: June 1996
Details: Twenty-nine-year-old Gary Wilson is wanted for the murder of his thirty-six-year-old friend Marek Kosciukiewicz. In December of 1995, Wilson helped Marek and his wife Alicja move from Calgary, Alberta, Canada to Katy, Texas. He and Alicja had known each other since college; he also reportedly in love with her. The Kosciukiewiczs apparently did not know that Wilson had moved to Texas shortly after they moved there. In June of 1996, both Wilson and Marek disappeared. At the time, Alicja was with relatives in Poland. On June 21, Wilson's car was found abandoned in Calgary.
A friend later received a letter from Wilson which stated that he had killed Marek with a hammer. He claimed that he dismembered his body and disposed of it along an Oklahoma highway. Police later found blood in the Kosciukiewicz home that matched Marek. However, his remains were not located. In September, an arrest warrant was issued for Wilson; he remains at large.
Extra Notes: The case was featured as a Special Bulletin in the January 10, 1997 episode.
Results: Captured. In May of 1997, Wilson turned himself in to police in Canada. Three years later, he was returned to Texas to stand trial. For unknown reasons, his friend who received the confession letter refused to come to Texas to testify. In 2001, he pleaded guilty to Marek's murder and was sentenced to twenty years in prison. He was released on parole in 2006. Sadly, no trace of Marek's body was ever found.
- Calgary man suspected in Texas slaying
- Canadian friend sought in man’s disappearance
- Investigators suspect analyst was killed by jealous friend
- Canadian faces extradition, Texas murder charge
- Murder suspect not seeking bail
- Calgary man's murder trial postponed
- Lack of witness causes delay in murder trial
- Judge here to rule on reluctant Canadian witness
- Canadian receives 20 year sentence in murder case
- Calgarian's novel is fictionalized account of life on the run after Texas love triangle killing